Second Tester (and Third)

Second AttemptWell I’ve been trying to finish off a post for the past week but just don’t seem to have found the time – sorry!  The fact that the blog ate all of the entry on Tuesday didn’t help… I have however managed to get a bit painting in.  My second Death Guard tester went really well – however upon comparing it to various pieces of artwork and other painted miniatures I realised that it’s too dark and although there is depth, there isn’t enough “colour” and interest on the model, which results in it looking really quite bland and boring – as you can see!

To this effect I’ve started a third tester (an apothocary) and gone with a white undercoat rather than a grey one.  The airbrushed layers have been exactly the same (Rakarth Flesh > Pallid Wych Flesh > Ceramite White) and the end result is much brighter and clean.  My next step is to paint the green (then sponge weathering) and metallic areas and then a quick coat of varnish so I can apply some washes.  With luck the washes will tone everything down sufficiently.  Rather than just flinging on a Nuln Oil wash, I’m going to thin it down 50/50 with water and apply it into the recesses and carefully apply over areas, then the same with Agrax Earthshade.  Fingers crossed it’ll all go OK!

Share thisEmail this to someoneTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Pin on Pinterest

Leave a Reply