From the Skies

20130819-080001.jpgNot sure what happened but everything seems to have “come together” over the weekend.  I’ve done all of the edge highlighting (and pushed that further than I normally would) and got a coat of varnish on everything.  I spent a bit of time yesterday evening gently scraping the two pieces where the fins slot in so that the fins fit properly.  They were always a tight fit and the layers of paint and varnish had made some of them a little too snug, so rather than force them together a bit of work with a flat needle file and knife has meant that they’re all fit properly without any resistance. My biggest annoyance is that I didn’t shave off enough of the bottom of the doors, which has meant that when I put them in situ and closed them, they’ve now scraped off a little bit of paint on the base.  Bloody annoying, but I’ve now shaved those down too – just need to repaint that with some black.

I’ve only a handful of things left to do.  I need to apply decals and the door Aquilas (which need painting).  The gun mount needs to be varnished and glued in place.  The two weapons need to be sorted so they fit properly on their magnetic point, one is too tight and the other too loose (and then painted too).  Everything needs to be glued together and the non-metallics need start edge highlighting along with any oils applied along with shadow washes where things meet.  This then needs a light seal with varnish and a matt varnish applied.  Finally it needs stark edge highlights on the metallics so that they look “shiny”.

Share thisEmail this to someoneTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Pin on Pinterest

Leave a Reply