So my Khorne Bloodbound has begun to grow from it’s small 1000 points and last Friday I began to put together a second unit of Blood Warriors, though this time armed with paired Goreaxes (which allows me to re-roll To Hit rolls of 1 in combat).
My original intention had been to assemble five of the box and pack out my original unit and then use the rest for kit-bashing chariots and similar. However after some thought, I can’t see me adding chariots to the army anytime soon, so it just made sense to make the whole unit up for my 2000 points.
Painted by GW
This week has seen me start of painting up two of the Khorne Slaughterpriests I’ve got, which seems to be a common theme due to the one being given away for free on the September 2016 issue of White Dwarf. Because I’ve no real time constraints or pressures I’m spending a bit longer on painting them up rather than the fairly standard paint jobs I’ve done on the rest of my Bloodbound.
Now don’t get me wrong the Warhammer TV videos by Duncan which I’ve used are brilliant and produce well above tabletop quality models – they’ve allowed me to get a playable army painted in under six months after-all. What I’m not keen on is the finish on the flesh, which although fine for a rank and file model lacks the depth and tone I personally like for character models.
Because I’m spending a bit more time I’m going to post a few articles on what I’ve been doing and explain what colours and paints I’m using – thought it’s a bit more interesting than my usual procrastination 🙂