I had a bit of a realisation on the weekend as I was finishing off my Watchtower over the weekend that I’d really been pushing myself to churn models out since Christmas, already clocking in well over 200 hours worth of hobby so far. That’s pretty insane so this week I’m taking a little break and going “hobby light” with the focus being a bit of long overdue edge highlighting on 3 Mighty Skullcrushers.
This also means that on Saturday my hobby desk should be pretty clear for when the new Forgebane boxed set arrives. My intention is to assemble everything in the box, so I don’t need to find somewhere to store it (and ultimately not touch it for months).
And another three weeks have vanished but I’ve clocked up a whopping 89 hours worth of hobby! Project wise I’ve finished my Legions of Nagash army and now taking a break by painting up some old Warhammer scenery pieces that I’ve had for ages. Since my last post, we’ve had the “Beast from the East” sweep across the UK, bringing Siberian temperatures which promptly dumped down substantial quantities of snow. Sadly one of the casualties of this freak weather was the Age of Sigmar Open Day which was cancelled (but will be re-scheduled) and due to the poor travel conditions also meant that I wasn’t able to get to the Season of Sowing tournament up at Warhammer World. Very sad that we had to make that call, but it was a case of better safe than sorry. I still got to give my Legion of Nagash an outing with a three-way game on Monday 5th, so it wasn’t a complete loss.
As I planned a few weeks back, I took a small hiatus from my Slaughterpriests and put some work into my Realm of Battle boards. I’ve had these boards for at least five years now and have had to contend with models slipping and sliding all over the place when I’ve used them to game on. I also popped into the Swindon Games Workshop and managed to pick up one of the Arcanabulum boards from the new Shattered Dominion Realm of Battle sets which will add a bit of variety when I’m playing games of Age of Sigmar.
Unsurprisingly, I didn’t get the boards finished on my week off as I ended up having boiler services, deliveries and all sorts of bits, but I have got them to a pretty decent standard and it’s largely just down to details left to do and varnishing. I also got my Temple of Skulls painted up at the same time as much of it would need to match the boards.