It’s Wulfen (Thunder) Hammer Time

wulfen-thunder-hammerThe last week has been exceptionally busy in the “real world”, so this and a little lack of enthusiasm on my part has meant that the amount of hobby achieved has sadly been fairly low.  I have managed to finish the Thunder Hammer on my Wulfen wielding that and Storm Shield.  I chose a blue steel colour to contrast against the rest of the grey-metallics by adding a small amount of Drakenhof Nightshade into the Nuln Oil wash.  This give the illusion that it’s made from a fairly dense steel.

Triaros Armoured Conveyor Size ComparisonLast week I received the Forgeworld order that I placed before my trip up to Warhammer World, this consisted of a load of bits for my Mechanicum army – another 6 Thallax (two with Plasma Fussil), a Darkfire Castellax and a Triaros.  Over the weekend I started to tidy up the Triaros and must admit that I’m fairly impressed with it.  It is a monstrous lump of resin without a doubt, but on the whole it came without too much in the way of flash and mold slips.  The tracks are probably the worst, however most of the flash is located on the underside so doesn’t need a “perfect” clean up job (i.e. resculpt) as it’ll be hidden most of the time.  I’m planning on magnetising the side weapons and will likely glue and pin the main hull together for extra support.

Continue reading “It’s Wulfen (Thunder) Hammer Time”

Using “Challenges” to Motivate

A slightly later post this week because I wanted to be able to post up a bit more progress on my Imperial Knight armour.  My challenge last week was to get all of the metallic colours down on the armour plates which I actually managed to achieve before the weekend.  Since then (I was away the whole weekend) I’ve managed to get all of the layers of Angron Red down – nine in total!  The result is fantastic and was well worth the effort.

Imperial Knight Red Stage 9

 

This coming weekend is the Horus Heresy Weekender so I’m not going to be able to get much done as there is only a couple of evenings left and I’ve mundane things like the washing to do.  I’ll suffice with:

Start spraying Corax Black

Take lots of pictures at the weekender

Although I’m only doing challenges a week at a time, the next challenge will be to mask off the guns so that I can get the red onto those, after that I’ve a mountain of Plaguebearers to undercoat for my brother which I really need to crack out sooner rather than later.

Now rather than finish the post off at that, I’ll waffle on a little bit about motivation. I’ve covered this once before, but this is a topic that I feel needs revisiting every now and again just to keep things fresh.

Continue reading “Using “Challenges” to Motivate”

Cherries and Candies

Test Shoulder on KnightI’m starting to enjoy this 52 week challenge!  Week 3’s targets have been comfortably achieved and I’ve done a few other bits to boot!

Firstly I’ve created myself a Twitter account.  Although I’m generally against “personal” Twitter accounts where people post up the fact they’ve just made a sandwich or gone to the toilet, I can’t deny how easy it is to post up work in progress shots in comparison to every other method out there, plus hash-tagging as you go means it’s really easy to share pictures within the appropriate circles.  Secondly I’ve started up a WIP of my Knights on the 30k Forums.  I joined up months ago but in an effort to keep a bit of momentum going thought it made sense to start a WIP and get my face known a bit more. Continue reading “Cherries and Candies”