The Wolves Progress

Been a little bit since I’ve posted because I’ve been struggling to get anything approaching a half decent photo because it always seems to be dark. Thankfully the mornings are getting light enough that I can take a few snaps before I go to work.

I’m changing jobs the end of the month which is going to need me to get up an hour earlier than I currently do, so I’m trying to get up earlier in an effort to ease me into what will become my new routine. This has meant that I’m getting in at least quarter an hour’s worth of painting before I go to work – definitely needed as I’m meant to have the majority of a 1,000 point army painted by the end of the month! One other thing that has helped is that I’ve managed to get a decent length of wood has meant I’ve managed to extend my desk space by over 100%. This means that I don’t have to try and juggle what I’m painting onto my painting station or keep clearing things away. It makes a massive amount of difference, I just need to wander into my little office and can sit down and start painting. Continue reading “The Wolves Progress”

Ever Growing Pack

20130830-161842.jpgAlthough I still have my drop pod to glue together, on Wednesday my other half wanted some company whilst she did some bits on the PC so I did a bit of airbrushing.  I have now managed to base colour another block of Space Wolves, including the remaining 7 Blood Claws of the large pack I’ve been doing.  I’ve got a highlight layer to apply to a the Grey Hunters but this is now over 50% of my actual troops with colour on them 🙂  I’m actually getting to the point where I need to start painting Rhino’s soon.

I have annoyingly noticed that 3 of the 4 Long Fangs I’ve got assembled actually need some quite major filling and work on their backpacks (and in the case of one missile launcher a fur pelt sculpted), so I can’t get them base coated yet.  With luck I’ll find a bit of enthusiasm to sort them out – possibly assembling the two heavy bolters at the same time.

20130830-161836.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Are No Wolves on Fenris…

As hoped I managed to get a bit of painting done last night.  I didn’t start quite as early as I wanted but I did get a reasonable amount of time on them.  I’m still working on the reds and brass colours currently and I’ve not really started on edge highlights, shading, silver metallics or ‘adornments’ (such as skulls and pelts).  I’m aiming to go full fettle tonight and get all of the brass base coloured (and washed) and then at least the middle red colour on.  At some point I need to do the back of the knee pads, which I’m sort of putting off as I’m not sure what colour to paint them, I might just go simple and use Dawnstone with a Nuln Oil wash.

As you can see in the above photo, the airbrushed top highlight is far too light and the colour should really only be used for edge highlighting.  Really pleased with how quickly they’re coming together – I just need a couple of big pushes and might even get them “almost done”.