I think the subject line says it all. The Stormlord is progressing slowly and so far I’ve only had two small problems. The first is that the little bit of hull colour I had left has separated and dried out a little. This means that even if I shook it up, it would be a different colour to when it was originally mixed (the top split layer dried and not the bottom). The second problem is that I clearly had some grease or similar on the hull, so when I removed the masking around one of the aquila the result was me pulling paint off back to bare plastic. Needless to say I was royally pissed off. However due to the thin layers you can achieve with an airbrush, I have managed to airbrush black over the damaged area and achieve smooth result with no visible “edge”. I need to mix up some more hull colour and touch this up, however I will likely wait until I’ve finished all the details.
On the subject of details, I’m currently painting all of the gun casings Dwarf Bronze by hand. I’m doing this for two reason – firstly trying to spray this thick paint through an airbrush proved to be nightmarish and secondly some bits would just be horrible to mask for doing this. I have then got to paint the silver metals of the guns and any other details I fancy, finally it’s back to the airbrush to do the last 3 aquila’s with black and then gold and then touch up all of the hull colour and then I’m ready for weathering! It’s still my intention to try and get this done by the end of the month, but being realistic I will probably roll into the first weekend of March.