Well its no great surprise, but I finished off putting together the rear autocannons last night and glued them in place, which means that the Stormlord is fully assembled and with the exception of those two guns and the main gun, was undercoated on Monday evening so ready for paint. I’m currently suffering from a cold so may well spend some of tonight airbrushing in the warmth of my office.
Well a few months have passed since my last post and for a change only a portion of them have been idle. After the New year I decided that my office/painting & modelling area was well overdue a tidy as the abundance of crap on my desk meant I couldn’t paint or model there even if I had been able to get through the deluge of further crap on the floor. So three weeks ago I set out and have sorted out the whole office into a usable state. I once more have a floor with visible carpet, a desk with my computer set up and a desk with a clear area for painting & modelling. I’ve got some extra “bitz” storage on the desk and have tidied underneath the desk so that I can actually get my legs under it. The cupboard has had a rudimentary sort out and on Sunday I got a load of surplus miniatures up on eBay so that I can free up space and make a bit of cash as well. One thing that I’m very concious of is keeping the painting & modelling desk tidy enough to use throughout the year. To this effect I’m forcing myself to only work on two project’s at a time – one painting and one modelling. Modelling projects inherently cause more mess so it’s likely I’ll only be actively working on one thing.