I’m very pleased to say that I achieved my goal of getting my Khorne Skull Cannon painted! I’ve got to varnish and sort the base out but in principal I’ve another unit to add to my Goretide – which actually would transfer over to 40k too.
So in a change from my regular procrastination this post will be a handful of photos and some information on how I’ve painted the various bits and how I’d suggest anybody doing one could go about it (learning from my mistakes).
Continue reading “Painting the Khorne Skull Cannon – and how I’d do it better next time”
I’m pleased to say that my unit of Wulfen stormed across the battlefield this weekend and caused havoc. I’ll go into more detail of how they perform and a bit of a review on Warzone Fenris towards the end of this post 🙂
Despite my best efforts I didn’t manage to finish painting the unit of Wulfen, around 9pm on Saturday I decided not to rush the last bit, so still have the brass edging, fur, bone/trinkets and bases to complete. I am however really happy with how far I’ve managed to get in just a couple of weeks of painting – much further than I’ve got in the past. I won’t pretend that I couldn’t have done them to a higher standard, but these are for gaming and not a painting competition so I’ve concentrated in a neat paint job, using techniques I’ve used in the past and it’s really paid off.
Continue reading “Week 8 Challenge and Warzone Fenris Review”