As I planned a few weeks back, I took a small hiatus from my Slaughterpriests and put some work into my Realm of Battle boards. I’ve had these boards for at least five years now and have had to contend with models slipping and sliding all over the place when I’ve used them to game on. I also popped into the Swindon Games Workshop and managed to pick up one of the Arcanabulum boards from the new Shattered Dominion Realm of Battle sets which will add a bit of variety when I’m playing games of Age of Sigmar.
Unsurprisingly, I didn’t get the boards finished on my week off as I ended up having boiler services, deliveries and all sorts of bits, but I have got them to a pretty decent standard and it’s largely just down to details left to do and varnishing. I also got my Temple of Skulls painted up at the same time as much of it would need to match the boards.
As forecast, this weekend saw a decent amount of progress on my miniature. As you may be able to see from my Flickr Pool, the base has had quite a bit of work done on it and I’ve finally pulled my finger out and got some more of the cloak done (though there is 60% left to do!).
I discovered to my horror that I’d almost run out of Chaos Black. Now this is almost a cardinal sin (I’m sure there must be some pots lurking somewhere) so when I nipped into town for a hair cut, I purchased a new pot of Abadon Black – a base paint so it’s quite thick but thins down remarkably well. I do fancy that this is more black than the old Chaos Black.