Well the last post wasn’t quite two months ago but not too far off. Life is roughly the same, I’m still working very long hours but managing to get a bit of painting done most evenings. I’m continuing to focus on my Space Wolves and this has started to pay off (although it’s really tempting to dive into something else at times . The two Space Wolf Packs have had their bases edged using plain black. I did toy with doing them brown or grey but the black actually finishes off the miniature really nicely (I’ll talk about the black I used in a bit).
I’ve put the flyer to one side and focused instead on the three tanks (Rhino/Razorback, Predator and Vindicator). The reason for this is two-fold. The size of the Stormfang means that you have to sit at a table with it perched on a towel to paint some parts of it (it has an underneath that needs to be painted). In the UK the daylight is really lacking this time of year and since the clocks changed for daylight savings, I get home after it’s gone dark. There is a significant amount of metallic that needs to be primed and painted which I was finding really time consuming. The answer was actually staring me in the face – mask the bugger off and airbrush. This is probably an evening’s worth of masking which you really need to be in the mood to do and then need to be able to do the airbrushing within a few days to make sure the masking tape doesn’t leave any residue behind so it’s going to need preparation.