Well the Dreadnought has progressed quite significantly since my last post. Pretty much all of the main airbrush work has been completely (with the exception of a few touch ups) and I’m fully onto brush work now. True to form this isn’t going as quickly as I would like although some of that can be attributed to the fact that this week has been a complete nightmare on actually sitting down with free time. Despite originally planning 3 evenings work I have achieved the sum total of an hour although tomorrow I have from around 8pm and all weekend as my other half is away for the whole weekend.
As you can see from this pic, I have finally found a decent colour for the shoulder pads and knee pad. This is actually the colour I originally wanted but somehow didn’t get. What it has meant is that I’ve had to purchase a set of Logan Grimnar Company decals as the great wolf symbol I had in black was too dark for this much deeper colour and this transfer set has white versions of this symbol.
I also took the opportunity to purchase a pot of Balthasar Gold which is a coppery colour that looks great with a shade of brown and highlight of Runelord Brass (which I didn’t buy – doh!) comes out as a very convincing brass colour and most importantly is quite easy (which is good when time is pressing).